According to the self-appointed guru of color trends, Pantone states that the new fall colors are here, and decidedly artistic. 'Painterly' they say. Painterly..? What does that mean?
Over on the 'Flourish over Fifty' blog,
is their description:
Each season’s colors are determined by a single company: Pantone, Inc. The self-proclaimed “authority on color,” Pantone’s seasonal color palette is determined by select world-renowned fashion industry leaders. Designers take into consideration the economy, technology, and the “needs, moods, fantasies, and aspirations of consumers.”
The colors in the palette of each season- be it spring, summer, fall, or winter- uniquely meld together to evoke a particular theme or idea.
"Described as a painterly approach to fall 2011 by artfully combining bright colors with staple neutrals, reminiscent of how an artist would construct a stunning work of art,” said Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute®. “Much like a painter’s masterpiece, there is a certain romance to this season’s palette.”
Consumers can expect to see the following colors in abundance this season:
- Bamboo: A warm, exotic yellow with a subtle green undertone
- Emberglow: A traditional autumn tone that emanates a warm waning fire
- Honeysuckle: A playful, flirtatious reddish pink that’s great with cosmetics
- Phlox: A magical, deep purple that makes a statement against the season’s neutrals
- Cedar: A fresh, versatile, mid-tone neutral green
- Deep teal: A strong, blue-toned green that suggests ocean depths
- Coffee liqueur: A rich, decadent, and savory alternative to basic black
- Nougat: A warm, yet light camel tan. Complements almost any color.
- Orchid Hush: A soft, pleasant tone of gray with subtle orchid undertones
- Quarry: A practical medium-gray staple
allowing designers and manufacturers ample time to prepare for this season. Retailers and consumers alike anxiously await the company’s fashion color report in order to get a glimpse of what’s “in” for the season. So here you go- the new season’s hot-off-the-press colors:" As for me...I'll think pink', thank you very much!